Tuesday

Menstrual care of folks

Folks in remote areas will not allow their teenager daughter to take shower during menstruation period especially on the first, second and the third day. It may cause problem on the reproductive organ later on the future. My mother too prohibits me to eat jack fruit, anything foods cooked with coconut milk , and mangoes or any citrus fruits. To prevent disagreements with my mother and follow her care, i said amen but when i became an adult, i contradict everything. I shower and take a bath everyday and i eat anything i want. At age of 43. I bleed a lot with endometriosis condition. My uterus inflamed due to some abnormality occurring in my uterus. My gynecologist did minor surgery Dilatation and Curettage in the hospital but bleeding continued after one week of D&C. Due to blood loss my hemoglobin dropped to 4 . The normal hemoglobin count is 12 so the doctor sugested Hysterectomy (removal of uterus) before my condition become worst.
At my age of 44, my uterus, fallopian tube and ovaries removed. My mother was 80 years old at that time but all her organs was still intact.

No comments:

,